So last weekend-the end of January, we got an ice storm that cancelled a day of school and church. I've never seen anything like this, it froze a layer of ice over everything. Our yard was one single, unbroken sheet of ice with a thin layer of snow over it. In this picture you can see the tree branches...the small ones look white in the sun. This is a close up of the small branches...if you look close you can see the little buds encased in ice.
Hunter ready to play in the icy snow. Skater style.
So Christmas kinda gets lost here, I guess. We weren't as good with pics this year, probably cuz the kids had all our attention with unwrapping gifts and stuff. It was a fun christmas, with Hunter excited to open and see his gifts, and Charlotte just excited. Hunter got this cool PVC chair from his friend Emery, but Charlotte loved it and would physically abuse Hunter if he tried to sit in it...needless to say, we made her her very own chair later. In her favorite spot christmas day.
Hunter asked for a rocket from Santa about 10 days before Christmas, and after a long and fruitless search, Santa finally settled on a lego version with Buzz Lightyear and Zurg. He thought it was awesome and loved putting it together but got frustrated a couple days later when it wouldn't stop falling apart. Santa was afraid of this, but we fixed the problem by super gluing the whole thing!
Our little Charlie Brown tree...it was it's last christmas.
The kids exchanged sibling gifts Christmas eve...Charlotte gave Hunter a model rocket, and he gave her a Teddy bear. She loved his teddy and would constantly be fighting for it...he was very gracious to share, but came up with the idea for her gift all by himself! She now adores her very own teddy.
I just had to include this one...it's her "I just drank as much as I could in one breath and now I'm trying to recover look." Notice the red rimmed teary eyes.
Monday, February 01, 2010
Christmas and since
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Glad to see some new pics! Glad you made Charlotte a chair...Jane is also extremely possessive!
Post a Comment